Friday, July 27, 2012

Kolcraft Contours Lite Stroller reviews

Kolcraft Contours lite stroller defines the shape and style of today's parents. It's lightweight frame and low resistance sporty front swivel wheels makes getting around town trouble-free. Large single wheels for a more contemporary, sleek look. Lots of features, yet lightweight and easy to fold to get in and out of the car. Seat accommodates child upto 40 pounds.

Kolcraft Contours Lite Stroller

Contours Lite stroller’s compact and lightweight frame goes from planes, trains to automobiles with ease. The single front casters and large rear wheels steer clear of crowds or sidewalk bumps making 1-hand maneuverability a breeze.

Kolcraft Contours Lite Stroller being sold on Amazon and get more reviews from consumers. This product has 135 votes 5 stars, and also has 7 votes only 1 star out of 245 reviews.

Here are the positive and negative reviews for this product:

Good reviews:

Very pleased!

We saw this stroller was top rated in Parenting magazine as an everyday stroller, and couldn't believe the price. We saw the other positive reviews on the stroller and figured it was worth a try! Am definitely pleasantly surprised, since we figured that there would probably some drawbacks of the stroller given its very wallet-friendly price. But so far, we haven't found any! The stroller itself folds down relatively small, and is lightweight, which is helpful when you're holding a baby in one hand and juggling a stroller in the other.
What I like most about this stroller: 1) it has relatively large wheels which makes it very easy to push & navigate. You don't have to tip it back to take on curbs or bumps, which I've found I've had to do with a lot of other strollers this size that tend to have much smaller wheels, 2) it has a nice recline so my little guy can take a really nice snooze & puts him nearly flat, plus it's easy to recline which means I don't disturb him in the process, and 3) the storage basket comes in really handy.
The extra cup holder is a nice benefit too! I would definitely recommend this stroller. Plus, I ordered it with my Prime membership & I had it on my doorstep in 2 days. Talk about instant gratification!

 

Perfect

I wanted something small but not too small yet sturdy. Also, I wanted something that reclinded pretty far and had a low minimum weight limit as my kids were very young when we got these. I researched for several weeks and have been very happy with these for over a year now. They have actually made a recent airplane trip. The storage is large enough to hold my large diaper bag and winter outwear for 2! I love that the snack trays are removable so we didn't use them until the twins were a bit older. The are so easy to open with just 1 hand and quick to close (very useful for the airport security line.) They clean up quickly, dry rather quickly if they get wet and are all together a wonderful value. I am pretty sure at the time I purchsed mine I paid around $50-60.

By CarrieKA  (Waterford, MI)

 

Not perfect, but can't do better for the price

“Pros:
Inexpensive
Durable
Easy to install
Snack Tray
Large canopy
Large storage bin
Easy to maneuver
Cons:
Folding requires two hands
Bulky when folded
Backrest gets in the way when folding
Not a lightweight at 16 lbs
Overall, considering the the price, this product fits the bill. It does have its shortcomings, but overall the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. My biggest complaint is when folding, the backrest always gets in the way with either the canopy or the snack tray. You'll always have to use your hands to guide/push the back rest through the canopy so that the stroller folds flat enough to lock with the locking hook. At 16 lbs, the "lightweight" stroller that it's classified in Amazon is nearly the weight of a standard stroller. I'm 6'0", and I feel myself slouching a bit forward in order to reach the handle. Therefore, some may find the stroller a bit too low.”

By A. Yang (Bay Area, CA)

Bad reviews:

Front wheels lock after light use

“I really wanted to love this stroller. It's light, and it has style. BUT, after only about 4 months of light use, I can no longer push this stroller in the direction I want to go... The front wheels lock up and lean in, and there is just no steering the thing. I have actually had to tip it back and push baby around pop-a-wheely-style several times. I have finally given up, and am wearing my baby in my beloved Ergo baby carrier when out and about, but I do miss having something along to put a bag in, or set baby in for a while to give my back and neck a break...
The wheel problem has been so bad that I've been tempted to catch some video of what it's doing, and how frustrating it is to not be able to steer and push this thing...
I will definitely be looking for a different lightweight stroller to use after our next baby is born!”

By A. Williams (Minnesota, United States)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

disclaimer